Kungsbacka church


The church was consecrated in 1875. After the fire in 1846 residents wanted to rebuild the church in stone.

Work on the project began and actually reached a point at which the congregation could conduct worship services there. However, subsidence became so great that work had to be discontinued and the church was razed.
On the existing site a wooden church was built instead.

Of the original furnishings, only the pulpit remains. Notable among the inventory is the altarpiece. It was saved from the earlier 17th century church during the fire of 1846.

The hourglass on the pulpit and the angel in the ceiling as well as the baptismal font also come from that church.
On the church porch there is a model of the old church.
Above both side entrances hang oil paintings by artist Bengt Nordenberg (1822-1902).

The wall paintings were executed in 1951 by Einar Forseth (1892-1988), who is perhaps best known for the decorations in Gyllene salen (the Golden Room) in Stockholm’s City Hall.

Contact information

Box 10218
43423 Kungsbacka
Phone: +46-300569800

E-mail: kungsbacka-hanhals.forsamli...
Website: www.svenskakyrkan.se/kungsb...

Opening hours

If the church is open, you are welcome to enter.

Public transportation