Castle in Arts and Crafts style
Tjolöholm Castle was built in 1898-1908 by James Fredrik Dickson and his wife Blanche, next to the Kungsbacka Fjord. Since J F Dickson died as the work with constructing the castle had just begun, his wife Blance took over the task. Blanche had a great social comittement and created a whole village for the workers, a church, an assembly hall and houses.
The castle shows a fabulous mixture of old atmosphere and new technology. On the grounds are, apart from the castle, the church and village and also a carriage museum.
The castle's park and the beautiful surroundings offer walks and baths.
The café has the same opening hours as the castle. The workers' houses can be rented by holiday makers.
Public tours take place every day during the summer season, and every weekend the rest of the year. Visitors are shown round many of the castle’s 36 rooms. Group tours, in Swedish, English, German or French can be booked year round. In 2020, no guided tours are offered but the castle is open for visitors to guide themselves.